Business Acquisitions and Disposals
Purchasing your first business, acquiring another business or disposing of part or all of your company is one of the most difficult business decisions you’ll ever have to make.
It’s stressful and complex, alongside being a potentially expensive process. Our team of specialist business acquisition accountants can be with you every step of the way.
We’ve been helping businesses through the acquisition and disposal processes since 1959. Our team of accounting partners works alongside solicitors and anyone else involved and has all the expertise required to reduce stress and ensure you get the best possible deal.
Contact us today to discuss your situation with a member of our team.
Acquiring a business
Purchasing your first business is nerve-wracking. It will typically be one of the costliest purchases you ever make and certainly one of the riskiest.
Alternatively, if you’re already running a business, the right acquisition made at the right time can have a transformative effect, catapulting you from an average-sized player in your market to one of the largest.
This isn’t guaranteed to be the case, however. Making the wrong decision may even result in a significant negative impact for your current business. We’re here to help you avoid that, so you can be confident of a successful investment.
Our business acquisition accountants have helped the acquisition process of businesses in a wide range of sectors in all circumstances. So whether you’re looking to buy your first business, purchase a successful competitor for an instant boost or leverage the struggles of a business in distress into a successful purchase, we’re here to help.
Throughout the business acquisition process, we will:
- Work alongside you to understand your objectives, both professional and personal
- Provide unbiased strategic advice on the suitability of any business you are looking to acquire, including how it may fit into your current business structure
- Conduct thorough due diligence to ensure you’re not hit with any nasty surprises
- Advise on a fair price for your target and assist with negotiation of terms
- Prepare completion accounts once the deal has been closed if required
- Advise on what to do once you’ve completed the purchase, helping ensure all relevant systems are in-place and you’re ready to move forward off solid foundations
- Liaise with solicitors
- Advise on the best vehicle to buy the business
All of this will ensure the process of buying a business goes as smoothly as possible, reduce stress and allow you to focus on keeping things running normally.
Selling a business
Selling your business, or a division of it, can be a once-in-a-lifetime event with significant impacts on your finances both personally and professionally.
If the sales process is to be successful, the day-to-day running of your business must continue smoothly. A dip in performance as you take your eyes of the ball could be the difference between a successful sale and being forced to restart the process.
Our business disposal team has helped people sell business for decades. We know exactly what needs to be done to ensure a smooth sale and allow you to focus on ensuring it is business as usual for your company up to the moment of sale.
Throughout the process of selling your business, we will:
- Assist in the valuation of your business to ensure you achieve a fair price
- Review your books, providing advice on any issues which may impact the sale or valuation alongside letting you know of any actions you could take to eliminate these issues
- Work closely with you to understand your objectives, focusing the sales process on achieving these goals
- Provide advice on how this could impact your personal tax position to ensure you’re completely prepared upon completion of the sale
- Manage the due diligence process, minimising the impact it has on your time
- Prepare completion accounts if required
- Liaise with your legal team throughout
- Advise on the tax implications involved in a share or asset sale and help you establish which is right for you
Combined with our experience, expertise and desire to do what’s best for you, this will ensure you achieve the best-possible support during the process.
If you’re looking to buy a business or think it’s time to sell up, we’re here to help.
Our specialist team of accounting partners have helped with acquisitions and disposals of all sizes and in a variety of industries over the years. We’ll be able to provide you with the help you need to ensure your business purchase or sale is as fast and efficient as possible.
And we don’t just look after the business aspects. We work with you to ensure your personal and familial goals are met and all tax obligations are minimised. Allowing you to get maximum benefit from your hard work.
Call us today on 0800 828 1000 to discuss your requirements with a member of our team today.